Welcome to Isfeld!
Report cards will be handed out in the TA classroom on Thursday June 30 from 10:00 – 10:30. After 10:30, report cards will be handed out from the office, and available for pick up from 9:00 – 3:00 until July 22nd. Isfeld will be closed on Canada Day.
Important Message for Isfeld Students
- PAC is sponsoring an Ad Hoc parent meeting to discuss the changes to the next year and what that will look like for Isfeld students. This informational meeting will take place Wednesday June 22nd, 7:00 – 8:30 in the Multipurpose Room. More information about this meeting will follow in a separate email.
- Invitations to “Isfeld’s Celebration of Excellence Awards Evening” will be handed out in TA today (Thursday). Please ask your son/daughter if they received an invitation. We are celebrating honour rolls, subject awards and pillar awards (Academics, Arts, Athletics & Citizenship). The Celebration of Excellence will take place Monday June 20th, 7:00 in the Gym.
- Reminder that the last day of classes for Grades 10 – 12 is Thursday June 23rd while the last day of classes for Grades 8 & 9 is Friday June 24th, followed by “I” days (catch up days) for all grades Monday June 27th, Tuesday June 28th, and Wednesday June 29th.
- Provincial Exam Schedule:
Wed. June 22, 1:00 – 4:00: Social Studies 11 & Sciences Humaines 11
Thurs. June 23, 9:00 – 12:00: English 10 rewrites
Fri. June 24, 9:00 – 12:00: English 12 & 1:00 – 4:00: Science 10 & Sciences Naturelles 10
Mon. June 27, 9:00 – 12:00: Communications 12 & 1:00 – 4:00: Foundations & Pre-Calculus 10 & Apprenticeship & Workplace Math 10
Tues. June 28, 9:00- 12:00: Francais Langue 12
- Lockers will be cleaned out on Thurs. June 23. Please send bags to take belongings home in. We have a number of items in our lost & found if you are missing clothing or shoes.
If you want the report card mailed to you, please give the office a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Are you interested in participating in a fun, exciting and memorable adventure next spring? Travel with us to Ulm, Germany – through an exchange with students from St. Hildegard School. You will stay in this historic city with your host student, sharing in family and school activities, all while visiting local sites and popular destinations. You can immerse yourself right into life in Germany and build friendships for years to come.
There is still time for interested students to sign up or if you require more information, you can contact Ms. Jones, email@example.com or Mr. Bos, firstname.lastname@example.org. Parent information meeting to follow.
The City of Ulm
Neuschwanstein Castle, Munich
Provincial Exams and the New Curriculum
The following links are from the Ministry of Education regarding the changes in September.
Changes to Provincial Assessment Chart
QAs New Curriculum
BC’s Redesigned Curriculum
The curriculum is changing in British Columbia. For information on these changes, please go the the Ministry website: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/ or ask your children’s teacher and/or your school administration.
Report a Student Absence
To report a student absence, please email Dawn Christian and indicate the reason for the absence.
Letter to Parents from Sherry Elwood, Superintendent of Schools
RE: Planning for Consultation as outlined in the Long Range Facility Plan:
Phase 5 – Macro Boundary Plan (School Closure / Boundary Changes / Configuration (for discussion)
For Letter click here
|Lunch Menu- June 20 – June 24, 2016||Daily Announcements|
Monday – Pizza – $3.50
Tuesday – Mini Market
Wednesday – Pizza – $3.50
Thursday – Mini Market
Friday – N/A
Getting to Mark Isfeld Secondary School – Bus Information
Watch for upcoming events to be posted in cryptic, space-saving acronyms on our school sign. We have pledged not to have our sign flash, scroll or perform other animations which could distract drivers.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
Bell & Block Schedule click here
PLC Bells/Block Rotation Explanation video click here
PLC Brochure click here
- 2015-2016 School District Calendar click here
- Kids Plus Accident Insurance 2015-2016. For a summary of insurance benefit click here. For the Kids Plus Accident Insurance Enrolment Form click here.
Did you know that you can view/print a month at a time? Just click on Isfeld School Calendar on the right hand side under Menu.
-Provincial Exam Schedule & Exam Results – click here
-Isfeld has been accepted into the BC School Fruit and Vegetable Nutritional Program. For more information please go to http://www.aitc.ca/bc/ or pick up a brochure at the main office.
-Mark Isfeld Student Photography – click here
-For new athletics pictures click here
Mark R. Isfeld Secondary School is an inclusive school with almost 1,000 students from Mark R. Isfeld grades 8 through 12. We are a dual track school with English and French Immersion programs. We have an International program which allows us to host students from many countries, a vital and active Fine Arts program, a successful Athletics program with more than 30 competitive teams and a full Applied Skills program.
Mark R. Isfeld Secondary School is an innovative learning community founded on respect and supporting student excellence through academics, citizenship, the arts and athletics.
Mark R. Isfeld Secondary was named to honour the life of a Canadian Forces peacekeeper who served in Croatia.